Thursday, 24 July 2008

Mr. Dork Knight, how did you get so popular?

Gutted...

The only emotion I feel today, well other than the obvious ones like hunger* and boredom. Today I am gutted as the Dark Knight came out today, I have been looking forward to this for ages. Batman Begins is fucking awesome and they build up to the new one has been awesome. I absolutely love the Joker as a character and Heath Ledger has done a fucking awesome job playing him. After driving like a maniac whilst talking to coxon on my mobile, wasting nearly 20 minutes trying to park in what must be the world's most retarded car park. To make matters worse the car park was filled with twice as many cars as it was designed for only to find out I was too late, all the remaining 4 showings had sold out. 

This cinema boasts the 2 of the biggest theaters/screens in europe seating around 500 people with showings every 30 minutes and it was sold out. How many people like batman now? Let's do the maths. 

4 showings x 500 seats = 2000 people.

As if 2000 people in Sheffield alone like Batman. It must be because nerds are cool now. It is unthinkable that I couldn't get a ticket. Now I know what you are thinking, why didn't I just book in advance? Well the reason is that I DIDN'T FUCKING THINK THAT FAR AHEAD... DID I? but that is besides the point, my point is:

When the hell did comic book films become the most popular thing ever? I remember 10 years ago, you told someone you liked comics like Batman and Spiderman and people would look at you as if you had just sucked off a man**, but now you can't even get bloody near... well I don't mind telling you its a bloody disgrace.



* Is hunger actually an emotion? Who the fuck cares.
** Trust me, I know what that facial expression looks like

No comments: